1. "I need a car that could go 300km at a time."
- Average daily round trip is less than 64.37 km (40 miles)
- Most electric cars can handle a 100km trip on a single charge.
2. "Electric cars cost to much to convert a car to electric"
- You can convert a car with off the shelf parts from $5,000.00 to $10,000.00
- Convert your next car to electric instead of buying another "Dino Drinker".
3. "My hydro bill will go through the roof charging a electric car"
- Charging a electric car costs $0.026 per km (0.016 miles)
- Oven 58 kilowatts per hour $0.638 per hour
I have a commute of 133 km (82.64 miles) x $.026 per km is will cost us $3.46 per day, 4 days per week $13.84 per week, 4 weeks per month $55.36, full year $664.32
Presently I spend $60 per week on "Dino Juice" x 52 weeks = $3120.00 - $664.32 = $2464.88 saved each year.
So if a car cost $10,000.00 to convert will have a payback date in just over 4 years but your normal "Dino Drinker" would have no payback time. Our car will cost just over $2000.00 to convert having a targeted payback of just under a year.
4. "Electric cars are to slow"
- Words just can't tell it better than White Zombie (fastest electric car) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fmy4tWvr8c
- Or going faster than a Ferrari http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqqtJpfZElQ
5. "I don't know how to fix a electric car, what if it breaks down? it sounds scary"
- You probably don't know how to fix a normal gas car either.
- Instead you just call a electrician or replace a fuse.
6. "What if I need to go on a longer trip"
- With all that money you saved that you were going to spend anyway, rent a nice car, swap with a "good" friend or family member, I don't think that they will mind saving money and looking cool.